Friday, May 28, 2010

Speechless.

Well, we are up to $5019.00 and it's only been about 24 hours. I don't even know what to say. I truly don't. It is difficult to describe how it feels to, for the first time in 5 years, begin to imagine having a healthy future and growing old with my amazing husband. I had given up on those dreams and figured I would just make the most out of what time I did have. Now I feel like there is real hope for a healthy future, and that feeling is truly indescribable. I plan on spending the rest of my life paying this forward, and it will start with figuring how to get my two incredible aunts who also have MS liberated. It's been a wonderful day. We woke up this morning and went to Chandler's (my oldest) Kindergarten graduation which was absoulutely adorable. They sang a bunch of songs and Chandler did great. Then we took the kids to the park and let them play in celebration of Chan's academic achievement;). It's hard to believe that I am going to have to give up Chandler for a full day of school next year! I will miss him. He is such a great kid and an absolute joy to have around. Even after 16 surgeries, he is the most optimistic, happy, loving, positive kid I have ever known. He teaches me so much. He is SO excited to be a big first grader, mostly because he gets to play on the big playground at recess and, most exciting, eat lunch at school!! haha. Such a cutie. He missed 38 days of school this year because of all of his medical issues, but he still did fantastic. Here he is with his teacher, Mrs. Peterson. Her husband found a job, so she gets to be a stay at home mommy to her little boy next year and I couldn't be more happy for her.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, he looks so grown up! We need to get together for some good playdates now that school is out. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Toby,I found your Blog through my friend Kim. We met a long time ago when she was still living in Germany.:)
    I am so happy for you that you can finally get the treatment you need! You are a very beautiful woman and you have such a beautiful family. May heavenly father continue to bless you and your Family!
    I´m a new follower of your blog! ;o)
    Hug´s, Verena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for your success so far in raising the funds. I'm happy that you will get to have the procedure. You are one of the most darling mothers I have ever seen in action.

    I'm doing what I can to spread the word. I shared links on facebook and wrote about you on my blog (http://katie-simplysplendid.blogspot.com/2010/05/help-make-miracle-happen.html).

    I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete