Friday, November 12, 2010

Truly Thankful

Today, my Aunt Callie had her venogram. She's resting right now, and they should be letting her go home in about 25 minutes. I am so overwhelmed with gratitude. Her left jugular vein was narrowed in two places, her right jugular was narrowed, as well as her azygous vein. Amazing. They were able to open them successfully and she did great. Each time they ballooned another narrowing, she wept. Understandable. I hope so much that this helps her hands and feet.
For those of you who don't know, Callie has played a huge role in my life. I didn't have a present mom growing up, and in so many ways, Callie was there to be that mother figure for me. She allowed us 4 kids to stay with her in the summers, she let me live with her when I came out to college, she planned my entire wedding, she treats my children as if they are her own grandchildren (not that she's old enough for that!!!), and helps me in every way that she can. I remember one day when I got out of bed in the morning and slammed right into the wall because I was so dizzy. I had 3 little kids and Jake couldn't be reached at work, and my sweet Aunt Callie came to my rescue. She not only watched my kids, but she cleaned my house too. When I went to have my liberation in Costa Rica, Callie watched my littlest Jonah the entire time. She is truly a saint. I could go on and on and on about how much I look up to and admire this woman. But I won't. I'll just say that I pray this surgery helps her immensely.

1 comment:

  1. I have MS also- diagnosed when I was 24. Found your blog through a friend of a friend (usually how it works) I live in Utah as well. I just have a question- I know you went to Costa Rica- but how do you feel about the Doctors here in Utah? Dr. Hatch? Do you feel that his skills and knowledge are adequate enough to perform the venogram compared to those Dr.s performing the procedures outside of the country- who have been doing it longer??? I have an appointment with Dr. Hatch on the 23rd. I just want to feel safe- and trust he will do a good job with me and my veins.

    Let me know- email- apriltclark@gmail.com or on my blog chasingchaypril.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete