Thursday, July 1, 2010

Home Again!



(A picture of Kathy and I. I love this woman. Miss her already.)
First of all, I feel really dumb because so many of you have left such kind, thoughtful, encouraging comments, and I have no idea how to respond to them. Is there a way to respond and ensure that the person who wrote the comment receives the reply? If anyone knows, please help because I am totally clueless to the whole blogging thing.
I cannot even begin to tell you how HAPPY I am to be home!!!!!! As beautiful as paradise is, and as wonderful as our friends are there, being with my babies is better, hands down. I missed them so much and am so happy to be back to my job. Brynn had her hands full with 3 of my children and her two, I'm sure. And it turns out that Jonah had the flu when he was at my Aunt Callie's house. And he gave it to almost everyone in the house! I was so mortified when Callie told me. I felt horrible. Poor little man, and poor everyone else! I am thankful that she didn't tell me when I was there though because I would have been freaking out and unable to do anything about it. She knows me so well. Jake's Aunt Bonnie also came and helped with the kids for a couple of nights, which was so incredibly sweet of her, and my Dad and Jodi took them for the last night. I don't know what I would do without all of the love and support and help from so many of you. I am so truly blessed to have such a loving, and genuinely caring and supportive family. What a gift from my Heavenly Father. No matter what trial we face, we have unconditional love and support from an incredible family. And that makes all the difference.
I am feeling great. It's almost 11PM and I feel tired physically, but mentally, I have so much clarity and I could keep going and going and going! It's a weird feeling to feel the normal kind of tired. Tired for me is being drained completely by the end of the day...having my mind just fog out and be worthless, and my body just shut down. When I got tired before, it meant that my body would stop working, I'd get seriously dizzy (usually Jake had to help me get my meds and get to bed), and a lot of the time I wouldn't even be able to get out intelligible sentences. It's WEIRD to simply feel physically tired. I wonder how long it will be until this energy is normal. I hope I never, ever take my energy for granted again. It is precious.

Here is an interesting article from the NY Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/29/health/29vein.html?hpw

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Toby!! Keep getting better...and love those kids! I'm sure they are thrilled to have mommy back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Toby I'm so happy for you! As for responding to comments on blogs, some blogs (like wordpad) have an option where the blog author can respond to comments and the person who posted the comment can click a button to receive the follow up comments by email. I'm not sure if yours does that, and you wouldn't be able to tell who had clicked the email option anyway. I think usually, if someone wants a response to their comment, they come back to the blog where they posted to check for a follow up comment. Or...you could go to the person's blog and comment on their most recent post and that will pretty much ensure that they'll see it. It is by no means a perfect system. :) I think Facebook is the gold standard as far as responding to comments is concerned. But there are so many people that don't like Facebook and love blogging...I'm a sucker for both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, okay, I figured it out. On blogger when someone who comments wants to see follow up comments to their comment, they just have to click the subscribe by email button below the comment box (on the right) and then follow up comments, that you respond with, for example, will be sent to their email address. But like I said, you won't be able to tell which people have signed up to the email feed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so good to hear all of this. love ya

    ReplyDelete